February 8th, 2021
45 mins 13 secs
About this Episode
This week, Aaron and Levi look at the concept of sin, its cause, result, and solution.
What is sin?
- Ezekiel 28:15-17 -- Satan's pride
- Isaiah 14:12-14 -- Satan's descent
- Genesis 3:6-7 -- Beginning of human sin
- Isaiah 59:1-2 -- A cause of separation from God
- Romans 3:23 -- Falling short of God's glory
What is the cause of sin?
- James 1:13 -- God not the source
- James 1:14-15 -- Each person the source
- 1 John 2:16 -- Desires of flesh/eyes & pride
- Romans 5:12 -- Original Sin
- Innocent Sinful Nature, but individual sin does the damning. --Oliver Crisp, quoting Keith B. Wyma, in A Reader in Contemporary Philosophical Theology
What results from sin?
- Romans 1:21 -- Guilt with God (a vertical relationship)
- Shame from peers (a horizontal relationship)
- Romans 6:23 -- Death (separation)
- Hebrews 9:27 -- Physical (from earthly things)
- Spiritual (from God while on earth)
- Eternal (from God for eternity)
What is the solution to sin?
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 -- Jesus took on sin
- Romans 5:15 -- Jesus brings life to many from One
About Your Hosts
- Levi Moore is a husband, associate pastor @everettbaptist, former science teacher, musician, aspiring theologian @SWBTS, Linux advocate, and a child of the One True King.
- Aaron Moore is a husband, pastor, farmer, research plant pathologist, musician, and a disciple of Jesus Christ @NOBTS.
- Facebook: All the Moore
- Twitter: All the Moore
- Twitter: Levi Moore
- Twitter: Aaron Moore
- Gab: Levi Moore
- Gab: Aaron Moore
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture read in this podcast is read from the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible. If you would like more information about the ESV, you may read the FREE online version at esv.org.
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
One of the largest seminaries in the world, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary equips men and women with a strong theological foundation to fulfill God’s calling on their lives since 1908. Preach the Word. Reach the World
New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
Since 1917, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary has prepared students to Answer God's Call.