In this episode, Levi and Aaron talk about a much neglected topic within the church today: Church Discipline. Though it is a touchy subject, it needs to be discussed, and Levi and Aaron bring Scriptural backing for their claims both the Paul and our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. The focal passages are Matthew 18:15-17 and 1 Corinthians 5:1-13.
Activities Requiring Church Discipline
- Infractions of God's moral commandments (1 Cor. 5:9-13, 6:9-10; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 5:3-5)
- Relational Sins (Matt. 18:15-20; Eph. 4:25-31; Gal. 5:19-21; Col. 3:8)
- Church Division (Rom. 16:17-18; Titus 3:10; 3 John 9-10)
- False Teaching/Doctrine (Gal. 1:8-9; 1 Tim. 1:20, 6:3-5; 2 John 9-11)
- Disorderliness/Idleness (2 Thes. 3:6-15; 1 Tim. 5:8)
About Your Hosts
- Levi Moore is a husband, preacher, former (science) teacher, musician, aspiring theologian (@SWBTS), Linux advocate, and a child of the One True King.
- Aaron Moore is a husband, deacon, farmer, research plant pathologist, musician, and a disciple of Jesus Christ (@NOBTS).
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture read in this podcast is read from the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible. If you would like more information about the ESV, you may read the FREE online version at esv.org.