In this episode, Aaron returns to the podcast after an extended time away, and we discuss the Exodus of the Hebrew nation from Egypt as the cross the Red Sea. We look into the practical implications as well as the theological/Christological implications of this Old Testament event. There is also a small book recommendation at the end of the episode. Passages read in this episode come from Genesis 50, Exodus 13-14, Romans 6, and 1 Corinthians 10.
Book Recommendation:_ Red Sea Rules_ by Robert J. Morgan
The Red Sea Rules
- Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
- Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
- Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
- Stay calm and confident and give God time to work.
- When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
- Envision God's enveloping presence.
- Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
- View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
- Don't forget to praise Him.
About Your Hosts
- Levi Moore is a husband, preacher, former (science) teacher, musician, occasional gamer, wannabe programmer, Linux advocate, and a child of the One True King.
- Aaron Moore is a husband, deacon, farmer, research plant pathologist, musician, and a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture read in this podcast is read from the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible. If you would like more information about the ESV, you may read the FREE online version at esv.org.